Let's check what's new happened in Australian credit cards market during February 2011.
Credit Card Rates Changed
Citibank and Virgin Money changed the rates on their credit cards:
- Citibank Platinum Credit Card balance transfer rates has been reduced to 2.90% for 12 months + 60,000 bonus rewards points.
- Citibank Citibusiness Credit Card's balance transfer term was reduced to 6 months, but the balance transfer rate remained the same - 2.90%. Additionally Citibank offers a new BlackBerry when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months.
- With Virgin Flyer Credit Card pay 0% p.a. interest on your purchases and balance transfers for 3 months after you have been approved.
Ceased Credit Cards
At the beginning of the month we have been informed that HSBC will no longer be offering HSBC Gold Card. You might want to apply for HSBC Credit Card with no annual fees though.
Credit Card Offers Changed
St George Vertigo Credit Card no longer offer the following:
- MasterCard as a scheme option for Platinum - it is now Visa Exclusive (Platinum Visa);
- Instant benefits program for Vertigo and Platinum.
ANZ Bank upgraded their ANZ Rewards card & ANZ Platinum Rewards card offers.
Compare Credit Cards at Rate Detective
To compare other credit cards available in Australia, please visit our "Compare Credit Cards" section.