Tips to help you save Electricity
- Switch off your appliances when they are not in use. Turn them off at the wall.
- Solarise your existing hot water system.
- Replace standard light globes with energy efficient globes. By using these globes you can cut your running costs by 75%. You will notice the savings on your energy bills.
- Make sure that the reflectors are clean and free of dust on your heaters.
- Try using an extra blanket instead of an electric blanket on the bed.
- Use lighter coloured lampshades & use a lower voltage light bulb in your lamps.
- Switch off the T.V. if you are not watching and switch off the T.V. at the PowerPoint.
- Set the thermostat on your heater between 18-21 degrees.
- Turn off the lights when not in a room.
- When going on holiday turn your hot water heater off.
- Use cold water when doing your washing.
- Make sure that the door seal on the fridge is working properly.
- Use the dishwasher only when fully loaded.
Also consider switching your energy providers. Here at Rate Detective we make possible to compare Electricity or Gas offers and switch without a hassle.