No need to feel reluctant if you're a first time investor, as we have the necessary skills and resources to gently guide you through each step of the process. We will endeavour to make it as easiest as possible in establishing the most appropriate home loan for you.
Top 10 tips for first time investors:
1) Stay up to date with the latest property trends.
2) Pay off your home loan or large proportion of it.
3) Reinvest any tax rebates by making extra repayments into your investment loan.
4) Hold your investment property long term.
5) Ensure tenants do not have a history of damaging their rental properties.
6) Australia experiences a property boom cycle every 5 - 7 years, so be aware of slumps that may occur between these years.
7) Always discuss your financial position with an independent person such as a tax accountant.
8) Don't allow tax to dominate your investment decisions. The best investments work regardless of tax benefits.
9) Ensure you maintain your investment property. Neglected properties fail to appreciate in value compared with well maintained properties.
10) Buy investment properties with your head not your heart.